Wax-Tape® Coating for Higher Temperature Applications.
Trenton Wax-Tape® HT-3000 is a specially formulated wax-based tape used for corrosion protection of metal pipe and fixtures experiencing higher than normal temperatures. When used in combination with Trenton Temcoat™ 3000 primer, this easy-to-apply wrap delivers highly effective and durable corrosion protection to bare or coated surfaces in a wide range of field conditions.
Wax-Tape HT-3000 can be applied and will perform effectively at continuous operating temperatures of up to 230°F (110°C) and is designed for use in aboveground and belowground applications.
Ease of use
- Quick and easy to apply, with minimal equipment requirements
- Can be applied to surfaces with minimal preparation (SSPC SP2 or ISO St2)
- Can be applied in high-moisture conditions.
- Can be applied at
- No cure time – ready for immediate backfill after application
- Non-toxic – no Volatile Organic Components (VOCs)
Proven durability and performance of Trenton Wax-Tape Systems:
- Trenton’s Wax-Tape anticorrosion wrap systems have over three decades of successful field performance
- May be used aboveground and belowground (UV resistant)
- Resistant to acid, salts and other soil organics over a wide range of pH high dielectric strength
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment
- Remove all loose rust, scale, paint, ice, dirt and other foreign matter with a wire brush (SSPC SP2, ISO St 2). Wipe surface dry, if possible.
Tape and Primer Application
- Coat pipe surface with Trenton Temcoat 3000 primer by hand, ensuring an even, continuous film of primer over all exposed metal surfaces to be wrapped.
- With a downward-facing starting point, wrap Trenton Wax-Tape HT-3000 onto pipe in a spiral pattern using a minimum 1″ overlap. When wrapping, apply tension and press the wrap onto surface.
- After wrapping, rub the entire surface of the wrap to remove any air bubbles and to smooth the surface. Press the overlap seams and ensure they are sealed and tapered, especially on each end of wrap application.
- If ambient work site temperatures are below 50°F, keep tape warm before application.
- Trenton MCO™ outerwrap should be used for applications requiring substantial mechanical protection or where contact with the sticky exterior might be a problem.
2” x 9’ (5cm x 2.7m) rolls (48 rolls/case)
4” x 9’ (10cm x 2.7m) rolls (24 rolls/case)
6” x 9’ (15cm x 2.7m) rolls (16 rolls/case)
12” x 18’ (30cm x 5.4m) rolls (4 rolls/case)
|Thickness (ASTM D1000)||100 mils||2.5 mm|
|Maximum substrate operating temperature||230°F||110°C|
|Maximum substrate application temperature||230°F||110°C|
|Minimum substrate application temperature||30°F||-1°C|
|Siliceous Mineral filler content (%)||None||None|