READY-TO-USE WAX COATINGS FOR RESIDENTIAL RISERS
Trenton Riser Kits combine the durability and protection that Trenton Wax-Tape® wrap is famous for, and make it even easier to use. The kits include customsized sections of Trenton Wax-Tape® wrap, precut and ready to use out of the box. The kits also contain a corresponding amount of Trenton’s versatile Temcoat™ 3000 Wax-Tape® Primer.
Trenton Wax-Tape® wrap is an ideal corrosionpreventative coating for residential risers.
- Extremely durable and long-lasting protection
- UV, moisture, salt, acid-resistant-coatings
- Easy to apply
- Removable for inspection or repair
- Compatible with extended inspection cycles
- Easy to apply
- Strong Performance
- Residential risers
- Meter sets
- CAD welds and other CP connections
- Small fixtures and fittings
- LNG and Propane connections
Riser Kit Application Producedures
- Dig minimum 3″ deep soil surrounding the riser.
- Wire brush so that the surface is free from loose rust, dirt and old, loose coating.
- Wipe the area clean. Surface should be wiped as dry as possible.
- Hand apply the primer. Firmly rub and press the primer onto the surface to displace the moisture and ensure that the primer is adhering to the metal surface.
- Pay special attention to applying Primer in and around all angles and threads.
- Wipe hands clean of Primer. Remove pad of Trenton Wax-Tape wrap from package and remove the backing paper.
- Starting at the bottom of the riser, firmly press the Wax-Tape wrap around the pipe with the seam facing toward the back of the pipe. When using additional pads, use a minimum of 1″ overlap.
- Press the pad of Wax-Tape wrap firmly to the pipe. Press to eliminate any bubbles and smooth the lap seams and endseams to ensure that they are selaed.
- Inspect your work. Make sure all diesired areas to be coated are completely covered. Remove and re-apply, if needed.
Trenton Riser Kits include 50 Trenton Wax-Tape® #2A wrap (aluminum color) 6″ x 6″ pads. Other, custom sizes are available upon request. Contact your Trenton representative to discuss your specific needs.
Wax-Tape® #2A Wrap
|Weight||4 lbs/sq yd|
|Dielectric strength||100 volts/mil|
|Saturant pour point||125-135°F|